Sunday, August 31, 2008

My foot


Literally that was exactly what I would like to say yesterday except that the irony of the whole situation made it unsuitable.

I strained my right foot ligament. Even the doctor who gave me such diagnosis looked doubtful but by the given history of no trauma, no insect bite/sting, no nothing happened there directly…

Let me go through again… on Friday night around 9 pm (God forbid I do this again till I graduate) I returned to the Medical ward in QEH to copy a case note of a patient for my case presentation due on Tuesday (since I rather not waste petrol and time to come back again on weekends). Upon entrance, my senior who was a houseman there greeted me with a relieved exclamation and straight away ushered me to help him with the new admissions. So there I was, a student, doing a houseman job of clerking and blood taking and filling forms then later blood C&S plus informing the weary nurses that this patient need this and that patient need that and so forth and later to be informed that the ward run out of blankets thanks to the 14 new admissions within 3 hours. Not to mention that the floor is covered by folding beds and a suspected pneumonia/TB patient was wedged in between others.

So by the time I left it was 2.30 am… reach college by 3 am to be let in by the sympathetic guard… drop off to bed with sore feet by 4 am. Then I woke up at 9 am with excruciating pain in my right foot which made standing and walking as something to be done only when necessary. And so I was off to the collage clinic where the doctor was baffled by what that seemed like a torn / strained ligament in sports injury turned out to be a non – traumatic one. Mind you I was wearing flat shoes.

God I can’t imagine how it is after I graduate later… I think I should consider Tawau Hospital instead now…