Sunday, August 24, 2008

UMS & convocation... My day

Today I went to my seniors’ convocation, which was after contemplating for so long whether I should dress in jeans or baju kurung. And of the jam. And of parking space and ease.

To begin with, the Tamu Gadang kick started the whole convo event. Which also kick started my hell of driving back to hostel with all the traffic of outsiders and office workers clogging up the campus road. And so I rather stayed in the ward till 6 pm daily for the whole week than drive through the congested round – a - bout. There was nothing much about the whole Tamu Gadang event, expensive food, mess, noise… OK, so some AF artists came.

Then the convo started. More jam.

Anyway, my seniors’ convo day. The day they officially became real doctors. Literally since technically they were already doctors since they started working 2 weeks prior.

My God, I’ve never seen so many people congested in one space. And the heat. And the sudden downpour. And the long hours of the session.

I thank God that I chose to wear jeans as all the stairs climbing and chasing after our seniors to gave their congratulatory bouquets would be hazardous with baju kurung.

I don’t think I’ll come to my own convo until dragged kicking and screaming by my parents who paid for my school fees these 5 years. All the long hours, RM150 fees and registration, jam, crowd… I rather sleep in on the day – off that I’ll apply for my convo…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!