Friday, March 2, 2012

Tea break @ Sri Hainan kopitiam, Shah Alam

It's not often that I eat out in my own hometown since I'm forever working somewhere else other than my own place, but I can say that Shah Alam has its own perks with good food and places to chill out. Until recently did I have the chance to visit this long established kopitiam, Sri Hainan in Section 9.

First thing that I noticed are the bird cages used as part of their deco in the ceiling, antique - looking fans aside. Rustic, eh? :D


 Then only my eyes travel down to the rest of the space. It's the usual marble topped table and wooden chairs, wooden fans and checkered floor - pretty much the iconic stuffs for kopitiam. The bird cages serve as added charm.

My long time craving for hailam mee sated... :D

Of course, you must have some bread in a kopitiam so steamed bread with kaya and margerine.

 Have some milk tea with that... Who would not love a porcelain cup of hot tea with bread?

But oh well, some of us still go for something cold. Watermelon juice for the hot evening of Malaysia :D

Pricing is OK, total up to RM 21. Service acceptable, menu quite variable with local favourites like curry mee, noodle soups etc. and some western stuffs like chicken chop thrown in. Overall, it was a pleasant place to meet up and chat, light food or even for regular meals.

You can find this place at the shophouse row opposite Zam Zam restaurant, a corner lot shop, helpful address would be

Jalan Tengku Ampuan Zabedah G 9/G, Seksyen 9, 40100 Shah Alam, Selangor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!