Monday, May 11, 2009

A day on Gaya street (03): water creatures for sale

Gaya street fair share of water creatures to bring home which includes...

Tortoise! I used to love them as a child but after they grew up and became too large for their tank, I had to release them at nearby park's lake. Too many heartaches, so I have long given up on having them.





Larger version, and some rounders one for big ponds.


I call them ikan bandaraya because they are supposed to be some sort of "cleaning" fish. You put one in the tank to help slow down the process of alga growth and spread. And this fish really stays vertical most of the time on the tank wall.


Another childhood favourite of mine, ikan laga @ fighting fish. I like them for their brilliant colours and they are easy to care for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!