Saturday, May 2, 2009

Seafood: New Gaya Seafood Restaurant

Status: Serve No Pork
Address: Inanam


I was driving at night so I really couldn’t recall the roads very well. So rather than misguiding everyone, I rather not describe it then. It’s somewhere in Inanam, near a housing area and always fully packed. My memory is a bit fuzzy, though I only went there like a week ago before departing from Sabah.

Since I was about to leave Sabah in few days time, we decided to go on a spree and indulge in seafood at this place because as compared to other places, their price is the most affordable. For what we ate below, we were charged only RM155.




The soft shell crabs are very popular, we learnt this when we came for the first time and were told that the place ran out of stock due to high demands, especially on weekend. So a friend of mine pre – ordered the crabs earlier before we came in this time. They were fried crunchy to be relished for every single bite till nothing is left! Nothing wasted and hassle – free, literally since you consumed the shells together with the flesh. RM28 for half kg.


Soft shell crabs in batter, deep fried.


Scallop was the expensive part of our meal. RM35 for half kg or less. They cooked it with celery which was a good combination.


My favourite, fish teo chiew style (did I spell that correctly?). RM20+ for this tilapia. The thing I like about this fish is the salty - sour taste and of course, the tofu =)


Prawns! Half kg for RM25 I think, fried in oatmeal batter. Yummy!


The tom yum soup for 5 is surprisingly cheap, only RM12 for the savoury large bowlful and generous ingredients.

They served the rice in bowls, I got a plate since I requested for fork and spoon, not wanting to risk dropping my precious prawns and crabs.


And our vege, simple pak choi stir – fry with garlic. But it cost us RM10.

Overall, I think this place is pretty good. Fresh seafood, decent price and good service. Waiting time can be quite long on weekends and the place is usually packed by 6 pm on those days.



Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!