Thursday, July 2, 2009

Masak - masak Melayu ~ Stir-fry kailan in oyster sauce @ Kailan sos tiram


This is an easy vegetable recipe using oyster sauce, and using a cheap vegetable to boot. I omitted the use of salted fish here since my dad has high blood pressure. Some people like to add chopped beef and dried anchovy.



Ingredients:

1. 1 stack of fresh kalian (200 g), chopped to separate the leaves and stems
2. 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
3. Oyster sauce (I use Maggi), 3 – 4 Tbs
4. Cooking oil


Preparation:

1. Heat 3 Tbs oil in a wok and toss in the garlic, wait till fragrant.
2. Then toss in the stems first and cook until soft
3. Add in the oyster sauce and leaves, stir well to coat.
4. Season with salt accordingly.
5. Wait until the leaves are slightly wilted then off gas. Stir till quite wilted then serve immediately.


Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serve 4 pax


Note: if you want to add beef / dried anchovy / salted fish, just use a handful of them (a pinch or two for salted fish), chopped small and add in after the garlic.

Kailan In Oyster Sauce on FoodistaKailan In Oyster Sauce


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Can replace kailan with long beans? I don't really eat kailan.
    Since this is my first comment on your blog can I invite you to visit my blog at http://veryfastweightloss.blogspot.com?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!