Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beware of "secondhand" phones!

Read this carefully, and read this well!!


Previously I was enlightened by some friends on this issue; apparently some phone vendor would open up and use all the high-tech phones he received from the supplier before selling it off as a "secondhand" to the customers. Of course, most stories centered around those shady, "basement" joints vendors. This happened at Shah Alam Mall, Selangor for God sake!



SO imagine my shock the other day when I myself was cheated, and this coming from those bright - light, supposedly legal joint. It was a simple Nokia 2600 series, mind you, but cheating is cheating. Upon reaching home, I switched on this phone without inserting the simcard first to play around with it, and was shocked beyond words to find 800 of sent and received SMS, pictures of unknown family and people in the phone memory. The stupid culprit, lucky me, forgot to wipe off his trace.

Of course I went back to that joint, with my brother to create some ruckus and demand for an exchange. The salesguy indeed, to his credit, displayed such a rude and defensive behaviour, one is to grab the phone from my hand when I refused his request to let him hold it to view the contents, that I suspect that he himself is an accomplice. After much shouting threats to bring in the police and lawyers, they relented to the request to exchange the phone with a new one.


Moral of the story:

1. Check the phone thoroughly inside out before slapping down the cash (This phone looked brand new, so I suspect they change the inside and uses the new casing as cover)

2. Bring a tough guy to help you settle the exchange job. One who would brandish the shop's heavy metal chair to break the display cases.


I was really disgusted, but satisfied since all the ruckus made all potential customers at that joint walked out promptly after witnessing that.

And those stupid salesguys, in the new phone I discovered 2 pictures of them (when asked earlier, they told me they were testing to see whether it's functioning well) which I shall keep for future use if such need arises.



3 comments:

  1. Geees.. that's bad.. why don't you insist your money back then to exchange for a new one.. see.. I seriously don't like going to KL as I'm afraid to bump on such person or maybe I've been watching too much of television about the KUALA LUMPUR nowadays.. anyway.. I was laughing while reading your moral of story especially the 2nd line... hahahaha... i think we are friend friend la....

    P/s: you should get more people to read your blog.. you write good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That time I malas already, totally snapped haha. Anyway we scared them good. Anyway good that you enjoy the post =) And I hope the post is helpful too.

    For the blog, I plan to do some promotional work soon but still busy right now so it will have to wait lah.

    BTW, I don't like KL myself. Noisy, traffic jam, crowded, smoky.. So much hazards. KK is much better lah for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you gotta let 'em have it!!!!!!! Really, I'm so tired of people taking advantage and thinking they can get away with it!

    It's annoying and is a huge energy drainer for everyone.
    Thanks for the post!

    Little funny side note, the word verification for your post is angst! How appropriate:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!