Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Crappy services and fast food… how can that be in the same line?

Fast food.

My impression from this phrase is food that is served fast, but still hot and hopefully, freshly cooked. Hygienic and proper handling. My ketchup packs (or tiny ketchup bowls), pepper, salt, sugar, creamer, tissues etc. Tidy - looking, smartly dressed, friendly, smiling cashier. Neat and clean kitchen. Clean tables, floor, washing basins and toilets. No flies buzzing in my face.

Ok, maybe I’m fussy. I mean, my description is nearly fit for a restaurant.

Ok, cool. The cashiers passed, though not with flying colours (too slow, poor food handling).

Kitchen, can’t see from the counter but the leaflet that accompanied my burger said they cook and store food at particular temperature, they sanitized with some hi – tech anti – bacterial stuffs etc so no comment.

Toilet. Gone case. With some exceptional ones, the rest I’m sorry to say, need improvement.

Flies? Interesting enough, I’ve encounter once. To add further insult, the cashier was so rude and acted like she owned the place. Or maybe she does or her daddy does since she’s not wearing uniform as the others were. So I cancelled my order and never since step a foot in there. Ha.

Missing my ketchup packs in takeaways are still fine, but to miss my hash browns and handing me plain hot water without the teabag while giggling with the other cashiers are simply…

Deliveries… due to their own delivery terms of losing cash if they can’t make it on time, they refused to deliver if it’s raining. Egad… somebody enlighten me of such terms please. I thank God for the creation of the person who invented cup noodles.

Ok, enough black sheep.

At least here in Sabah most cashiers are friendly and patient enough if you’re indecisive, they’ll give you huge bright smiles with chirpy “Please come again”, they apologized profusely for mistakes, offer replacement drinks with a smile if you slosh yours n the floor then hurryingly clean up the mess.

Ok, I’m sorry I couldn’t come up with much good points. All above does not apply to Sabah alone, mind you. They are EVERYWHERE.

Egad…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!