Monday, November 5, 2012

Breakfast at Old Andersonian Club & Cafeteria @ Jalan Hospital, Ipoh


 For me, I like to go to Anderson for breakkie on weekend because at 7 am, the place is totally deserted and quiet. I can sit there till 9 am undisturbed with my tablet and surf while sipping hot tea. No, I'm not an early bird, I only go there after I finish my night call at the hospital. There was a month where I frequently had on calls over weekends that uncle simply got used to me stuffing myself and self - serving myself with tosai and idli hahaha :D



 Because usually there's only me there in the early hours, the stainless steel container is usually left on my table for me to help myself to my heart content.

 My favourite is always the tomato chutney and fish curry. The coconut chutney is an afterthought only. Well, I like sour stuffs :p Again, because I'm always alone, I can help myself to as many plates I want hehehe

 After my idli and tosai, uncle offered me to try their appam as I mentioned that I've never tried this curious UFO look alike thing. He demonstrated to me on the small kitchen on how it's made in a small kuali, then served it with a ladle of coconut milk. It's sweet and creamy, with crispy edge and a cushion - like center.

Lunch is South Indian style here. Dinner is North Indian cuisine. On other days I'd usually have a banana leaf lunch set with lots of vegie and some side dishes, usually aloo gobi. Rasam here is pretty good. Another favourite thing for me to have with my rice is of course, tairu and papadom. Heck, I even eat the papadom dipped in tairu :D

Price range: RM 5 - 10
Status: Halal cert. on display

Old Andersonian Club & Cafeteria
932, Jalan Hospital,
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

Tel & Fax No : 605-241 1615
H/P No : 6012-5017377

FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Andersonian-Club-Cafeteria/121546714592247

Opens daily for breakfast (7 - 11 am), lunch (11am-3pm) and dinner (6-10pm).

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!