Monday, March 30, 2009

Earth Hour, 28 April 2009, 20.30 – 21.30.

Actually I received the e - mail recently from Nuffnang notifying me about such thing (one of the benefit of joining Nuffnang is that you get informed of such fun event in advance ^_~), and I was quite excited at the prospect of at least half of the world will go dark on the day at that particular 1 hour. In fact, even in UMS, there was a campaign going on about it.

And so on the fateful night, nearly everyone turned off their room lights and the common lights in halls, bathrooms and so on, and UMS plunged into a semi – darkness state except for the stadium lights, street lights and all those central – controlled lights. Well, can’t have all of them turned off for safety reasons. Those who hadn’t turned off their lights were reminded by unofficial patrollers who knocked each and probably every room to ensure everyone switched off their lights.

It was AWESOME!!

Some were having flash light games from block – to – block and “dark” parties, while I preferred the quiet of my room before I decided to come out and enjoy the “dark hour”. And whoa… the fireflies were visible and were so pretty that I just stood there at the balcony enjoying the rare sight that would only arise when the university blacked out or such. It was gorgeous…

And so, the Earth Hour finally ended, and when the lights came back, the magic disappeared.

But still, somehow, I really enjoyed this brief darkness. Till next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!