Sunday, October 30, 2011

My quick lunch @ Little Penang Cafe, The Curve

Alone and in a hurry, I managed to stop by Little Penang Cafe for clean hawker food that I'd so enjoyed during my visits to Penang.



 They all look pretty nice to me but I was extremely hungry to wait for the seafood char kuey teow which would take 15 - 20 min so picked something else.

 Initially I ordered the cold barley lime but the taste was not to my liking. The lime taste was not there so I chucked it for sirap bandung cincau, which was nicer and not too sweet.

 This is Acar Fish Set: fried fish in pickled vegetable sauce, lobak (chicken in tofu skin), ju hu char (turnip stir fried with shrimp and slices of squid), sambal belacan for umph, white rice. If you like your fish in sweet and sour sauce, this is for you. The ju hu char can be substituted for kerabu pucuk paku (a kind of fern salad)

 Dessert! Pulut hitam in santan. Found 2 longan. Lovely! Not too sweet, just nice and creamy.

The crowd was really huge and non stop. As you can see, it's a kedai kopi ambience. Everyone just slurp and burp here regardless tie or no tie. Though food is nowhere to compare to actual Penang food, it is still above par and acceptable, a bit pricey though.


Address: 6 Jalan PJU 7/3, G43 The Curve, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Petaling, Kuala Lumpur

Tel: (603)77280215


Opening Hours Daily:10a.m–10p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!