Sunday, October 16, 2011

Windmill Restaurant @ Shah Alam Mall - a trial of my hometown Western food diner

It was there for quite some time until for some reason I decided to drop by. I meant, few blogs offered a so - so opinions on this place, so of course I wont be jumping to go.

 But anyway I decided to drop by one day at the restaurant, at level 2 in Shah Alam Mall.

 My first thought was, why the tacky balloons and blue and pink cloth hanging up there?

Ok, a better view. Looks cozy enough.

 The Windmill.

I am expecting better than this. Can someone please learn to produce a signature in - house bread and butter please?

 Starters: shrimp cocktail salad and onion soup. I feel that they can do better with the shrimp cocktail salad by not using just plain old thousand island sauce. Onion soup was OK, but need to cut down the salt a tad.

Too buttery escargot, kinda overpowered the escargot taste a bit.

 Lobster baked with cheese. OK la. But what's with the frozen vege...

 Baked black cod.Typical Malaysia style of Western menu, french fries and coleslaw and salad.

But the pricing was quite OK, considering that it is not a fine dining place. A family restaurant, if I may. I still feel that it needs some polishing up especially on food presentation. A pity for the lobster.

By the way, what shall I classify this under?

1 comment:

  1. Can't blame Malaysians since we don't have expert in making true western food. They should hire western chef. Sure the price would not be cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!