Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Holy Journey (02): Jordan transit and surprises

We transit in Jordan for one day after landing at Queen Alia airport. It was quite a pleasant flight, the food was good but I was too groggy to remember to snap a picture while sleep – eating.

I was anticipating fresh cool breeze as I made my way out from the plane as the last time I checked on the net, the temperature in Amman is 21 degree C. Instead, I was hit by a blast of heat. Maybe that weather site forgot to add that that particular temperature only applies to NIGHT time only.



And so, after our visas were issued (USD 40 per person), we headed to the Queen Alia airport hotel, Golden Tulip where there was not a tulip in sight.


There were roses though.





Lunch was served buffet style. I started with a plate of colourful vege and assorted salads. I’ve to warn you though, to those not accustomed to Middle East and Arabic food, the taste is of natural flavors combined by olive oil, salt and herbs, which most people find rather bland or unappetizing.



The main courses were more palatable since the flavors resemble that of Indian and Pakistani food. Beryani, bread and accompanying meat and vegetable dishes were served as main course. Desserts were so sickly sweet that I thought all my teeth would fall out; luckily we shared it, a strawberry jam mousse look – alike.




An interesting item we found in the hotel lawn, a smoking thing but I don't exactly know what or how they use it.


2 comments:

  1. I think I'm gonna love the food there... I like it all natural... yum yum.. the smoking thingy is sisha.... I don't know the exact spelling but it's for healthy smoking sensation.. that's what I heard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sisha? I think I saw it around KK last time at the Sadong roadside warung.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!