Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Holy Journey (03): Jordan trinkets

Golden Tulip got its own travel agent offices and souvenir shops. My advice is, get your souvenirs here as they sold them in Saudi Riyal (SR 1 = 90 something cents Malaysia ) currency instead of Jordan Dinar (JD 1 = RM5).










Fridge magnets.

I wonder why the ladies are not looking too happy. Where are the gents? Maybe that's why...


Camels for your fridge.


Pictures of Petra.


But they don't necessarily sell stuffs made in Jordan. This long robe is Egyptian-made; the hand - stitched pattern made the price very expensive.








2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to pick for souvenir if I were there.. but I definately wont go for those patung-patungbecause people usays it has bad soul trapping inside.. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya lo, I think our own religion is against displaying dolls. How ironic that they are selling these. Maybe for non - Muslim =p

    Jordan currency is expensive. I got myself a bar of mud soap from the Dead Sea, even that after agonizing so much over the JD 5 = RM 25

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!