Monday, June 15, 2009

Bad fish day...



This is a picture of the fish that I fried yesterday, a fish called ikan tauhu (tofu fish? I dunno...). Generously slathered up in tumeric powder, a dash of chili powder and salt, and left to dry and for marinating for half hour for some effect.

The effects being, supposedly, a drier and tastier fish.





Instead, it still decided to pop some splashes after being slid into the hot, HOT oil. And boy, the pops were awful as it left my kitchen all greasy and some ugly looking blisters popped up on my right forearm soon after where the oil splashes had hit. Geez… Now I can’t wear short sleeves without me (and other people) cringing at the sight of the blisters.

Some guys were surprisingly sharp though; at one glance at my poor forearm, they said sympathetically “Hot oil huh?” and were clearly impressed. I supposed such thing implied that you are a kitchen girl too, high education and career aside. Wait, how did they know that it was from hot oil?

But boy, these blisters are annoyingly itchy but I could not scratch them for fear of bursting them, which my mom told me, will lead to deep and ugly scarring. Geez…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!