Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gino's Recipe @ Ara Damansara

At first glance, the place does not look impressive at all, in fact it looks more like those rundown near bankrupt kinda place. Sorry, no offense though.


I guess the inside kinda make up with it, blasting Italian songs to compliment the atmosphere.



Let’s start with entrĂ©e.

 I think we started good with garlic bread and bruschetta.

 I don’t mind it, the watery tomato – based seafood soup is OK for the garlic bread, just a bit sloppy in appearance. Not all seafood soup needs to be thick to be nice. The amount of clams, calamari rings, mussels and prawns are adequate enough for 2 people to share.

 Mussels baked with cheese – I’m on a strict diet but they look nice on the plate of salad.

 Main: baked salmon with capers.

 Main: I love my rack of lamb. The sauce is tangy, but the lamb a bit tough.

 Main: baked aubergine. Cheese and eggplant never taste better!

Classic; Thomas Kemper root beer.

But I’m not sure whether I should label this post as Italian or Mediterranean food as Gino seems to be covering both. By the way, I heard their aglio olio is pretty nice. Next time then =)

Amazingly, this place does not serve alcohol and non of the food is cooked with alcohol.


1-06G Blk1, Jalan PJU 1A/1, Ara Damansara
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia 47301
03-7842 6637

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!