Monday, September 5, 2011

My Perak Solo Stumble 03 - a day on Ipoh field



Traffic was still OK considering that it's still the early days of raya. After a while of aimless driving, I came across the Padang Ipoh or Ipoh Field is located on Jalan S.P. Seenivasagam. Behind it is the aristocratic club for royals, the Ipoh Club.



 The Indian Muslim Mosque opposite the field. A unique mosque with Mogul architecture influence, it was built in 1908 for the Indian Muslim community.


 Then some refreshment at Ipoh Old Town White Coffee. I couldn’t help it, it just seemed fitting at that time to stop by this rustic version of the kopitiam. But I only had a light meal of wantan soup with Old Town White Milk Tea. My travelling habit is to have simple or light but frequent meals.



Coming out from Ipoh, one either drop by at Tambun, the temples or at the pomelo stall. Pomelo stall is a must for me! After loading up my car with 1 month worth of pomelo, I decided to go down to southern part of Perak by the town and kampong road instead of the North South highway. Map in hand, my next destination was Bagan Datoh.

I think I can conclude safely here that Ipoh and Perak are easy to navigate through. It only takes common sense, a full tank and a well serviced car to do so. As a proof, I came back unscathed in one piece on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!