Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Perak Solo Stumble 01 - A night in Ipoh

Exploring Ipoh took me only one day to navigate through this old historical mining city.  A capital of Perak, it is the fourth largest city in Malaysia with it’s own collection of historical attractions. Since the map promised easy navigation, it took me only 5 minutes to decide to visit this city on a whim on one fine day. It was a city that I frequented often last time when I was studying in Perak.

By the time I reached Ipoh, it was already night time and had to check in to my hotel, Tower Residence. Not a very popular choice, but in the heart of the city nevertheless, which was my main reason of selection. It’s a 3 star hotel, just for basic so nothing to shout about. But my stay was pleasant and comfortable, the room is clean and neat, the staffs friendly.


 My Superior room.


 I was too tired to navigate around in the dark for food at 9 pm so I just dropped by into their cafe and had Singaporean fried noodles with honey dew juice. The waiter was kind enough to open up the swimming pool deck for  me to enjoy my meal in the cool night air as I found their interior rather stuffy.  It was of average but what the heck, a single travelling girl can't be choosy.

The last thing I saw of Ipoh before I dozed off. Heck, driving alone is tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!