Monday, September 5, 2011

My Perak Solo Stumble 05 - Passing by Teluk Intan

Finally, the end of Perak. Going down towards Selangor, I passed by the town of Teluk Intan just for the sake of this famous leaning tower of Teluk Anson.

Built in 1885, it was intended to be a water storage building. Looming at 25 metres high, it tilted slightly due to the uneven ground settlement. Somehow I feel that the flags kind of mar the structure a bit, making it look kind of messy. No offence but it looks way off to me. And it was post raya so the area was kind of messy with litters, what a shame.

Teluk Intan marks the end of my solo Perak trip. I wished I had gone up further to Taiping and Kuala Kangsar but it was a last minute decision for a 2 days holiday. If anything, I would love to execute another solo trip in Perak. Roads are easy, food are cheap, lots of interesting stops. Till next time then =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!