Friday, September 5, 2008

2008 Ramadan Bazaar - UMS

The UMS bazaar... Park everywhere, anywhere for free. The marching field is large enough for every one of us.

My first thought when I first saw the bazaar was… er, those specks of stalls comprise the whole bazaar or what? Because there are less than 10 operating stalls. One is by Kesumba (UMS housewives’ association), a rojak stall, some stalls selling kuih, 2 stalls selling nasi kerabu, a stall selling nasi campur, 2 stalls of nasi beriani and beriani gam respectively, and a stall selling drinks.

So I gingerly stepped out of my car for a closer peek.

Thankfully, it’s not as bad as it seems. At least they were selling decent stuffs.

Thumbs up to the stalls manned by the boys selling nasi kerabu. Not only they have a variety of the traditional side dishes, they also offer some of Kelantanese kuih like pisang sira (though the syrup did not look too thick) and nasi dagang to boot. The nasi dagang sold up pretty fast so get going before 5.30 (if you’re lucky).

The nasi beriani (not the gam one) guy amused me very much on one occasion when he handed me my change of RM2.10 with 2 notes of RM1 and a sweet.

The rojak buah KL stall, ask the uncle to prepare the “pedas” one or it’ll taste a tad boring. I always told him to forgo some dried stuff (unidentified, speculated to be a very, very dry type of tofu) and replace it with cucumber. Mango is a treat as he put it sparingly in his rojak.

Kesumba stall is pretty nice, albeit their expensive roti jala (RM0.50 per piece). Nasi campur and the rumored great karipap are sold here. (Again, I’m not into kuih. This info was from feedbacks of satisfied buyers).

May I conclude here, pretty good to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!