Friday, April 4, 2008

Malay food: Restoran Ibadah Rohani

Status: Halal

Venue/landmark: KingFisher, end of lot, along with Restoran Serai Wangi.

Time open – close: 10.00 am – 9.00 pm (Monday - Friday)

Basic RM per meal: RM 5 (without drinks)

This one opened some time ago early 2008. Every time I went there at 12.30 – 1.00 pm, it’s always crowded (a rare sight in KingFisher’s Malay shop) and they always had no rice dishes left so I can’t comment much on this. But I did try several items on the menu which are quite satisfactory. Service is fair, good hygiene, nice setting. If you look around, you will notice that they have many different lamps hanging on the ceiling and wall. They serve plain/iced water FOC.

1. Nasi Goreng Paprik

It was not specified what but nevertheless I was happy with the content, presentation and price. The paprik came as mixed seafood, chicken and vege, RED in colour (instead of the usual colourless Sabah – style paprik) with heaps of fried rice. It’s too spicy for me that I had tears running down my cheek and positively sniffling by the time I finished it. But don’t rely on this much since my threshold for spicy is below average… ^_^


2. Nasi Goreng Kerabu

For those unfamiliar with the term “kerabu”, it basically refers to mixed vegetable or a form of salad. So this fried rice was prepared with lots of them, including bunga kantan which gave it a zest. Much recommended. Good price, large serving.


3. Nasi Goreng Thai

There’s a subtle taste of tom yum in this one, chicken, egg, dashed with tons of pineapple which made it a savoury meal. Again, thumbs up. Good price, large serving.


4. Nasi Goreng Kampung

The names doesn’t imply much but I like this simple fried rice of anchovy, kangkung, egg and chili. The belacan taste was there, to make it more savoury. But troublesome to pick out the onions and chili. (2 things that I don’t consume directly, as in their original form)


5. Lemon Kitchai

This one I regretted ordering. There’s this weird taste in this drink that I can’t pinpoint what but it’s not worth it. I’ve to down some water to wash out the taste. Really not my taste…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!