Monday, September 3, 2012

Budget Travel @ Sabah 02 ~ Dinner from Apple Café, 1Borneo Hypermall


When I was a student I used to get my lunch / dinner here because the café offers variety of side dishes at an affordable price. It’s not exactly Malay food or Chinese food, more like a mix – up and fusion I guess. For a filling meal at affordable price, I couldn’t care less. They have never displayed a Halal status, but no pork is served here and you can see some Malays eating here too.

Where to find it? At the basement corner near the 1Borneo Seaworld. It’s pretty easy to find, thanks to the huge signboards outside. You can never miss the green and orange plastic chairs too.


My take – away dinner:  Sautéed pumpkin, sweet & sour chicken wing, egg tofu in soy sauce with steamed rice.

I wouldn’t say it’s a wow – kind – of – food but they are tasty and filling for a cheap price. At times, even when I’m not travelling on a tight budget, I would still go there for meals just to relive my college days.


Tel: 088 485151

Business Hours: 10.00am - 9.30pm
 
Status: serve no pork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!