Thursday, September 11, 2008

2008 Ramadan Bazaar - Asia City

Another favourite bazaar of mine that I always drop by on my way back from KK to UMS.

4.00 pm is the advised time to drop by if you don’t like crowds. Parking, well, I always parked in Asia City complex itself as I do not possess the luck of finding a good spot and for the fear of “scratch and run”. Plus it’s only RM0.50 (and secure so far) per hour (just how long do people spend shopping in a bazaar? I doubt anyone could exceed 2 hours).

So anyway…

Like I mentioned before, nasi kerabu seems to be the trend now. I like one particular stall manned by a talkative Kelantanese guy. Some may complained that the portion is a tad too small for RM4.00 (mainly guys) but for me it’s just nice enough. So far, we all agreed that the stall has the best nasi kerabu and accompanying side dishes.

I’m not too into kuih so I don’t know much about them. But I did notice that there were many stalls selling them.

What else? Colourful ais kacang, naan / nasi beriani with tandoori chicken, soya bean milk + pandan flavored ones (nice!), kek lapis Sarawak, yong taufu, nasi campur @ rice and side dishes, ayam madu, ayam golek, murtabak jawa, roti John, ikan bakar, satay… the bazaar has lots to offer.

And if you don’t feel like going through the crowd, there is always Restoran Sri Sempelang small bazaar in their parking lot or their restaurant spread of kuih and grilled fish, giant grilled squids etc.

Again, as noted in my previous post on IP bazaar, I think that Asia city’s too is worth a visit. A bonus here is the cheap parking space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!