Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happily barbequing at Fraser's Hill...

It's so cold that it's perfect to start the grill! Not me cooking anyway, just helped to chop up some vegetables for the accompanying roasted vegetables side dish. The colours were so vibrant that I couldn't help but snap a photo ^_^ The water was ice - cold so I abandoned the kitchen after a while and let my friends continue the rest...




The finished product... Roasted chicken with lemon - butter sauce, pan - roasted vegetable, fruit salad and toasted naan bread. LOVELY!!




And for dinner, there was roasted cow tongue with some left - over roasted vegetable. The tongue was amazing despite the appearance, so fatty that the fat was oozing out during the grilling and while served. I love cow tongue! Not many parts of Peninsular enjoy such thing, only Kelantanese and Malacca Malay folks so far that I know eat such part of the cow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... eating cow's tongue could be a new experience for me... where can I taste that? I bet none in SABAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, usually you can find tongue being cooked and sold in shops and restaurants in certain states like Perak, Kelantan and Malacca. I'm not sure about Sabah though. You should try, the texture of tongue is very interesting, like chewing gum. And it still tastes beefy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!