Monday, March 30, 2009

Window shopping spree… Whee!!!

After a whole day of mugging, I decided to visit my neighbor 1Borneo Hypermall, only to be welcomed rudely by a shocking announcement at the entrance on the parking charges starting 01 April 2009. But my spirit was not dampened as it’s not yet the date so I breezed in and parked somewhere in the LG floor to visit my all – time favourite stores.




First stop was Sasa! To check out if the sale was still on, and I was happy to announce that my favourite Kate brand is still having discount for their Deep Eyes eye colour. Previously RM 49.90, this 5 – colours set was now RM 37.80! After pondering whether I should get that gorgeous gold – green colour set, since I’d already purchased the silver-deep pink hues last week, I moved to the Maybelline shelf, and my God! The Black Forest EyeStudio was running out fast! No surprise since Cleo listed it as one of those glam, shimmery eye colour, and of course, the 10% discounts for its RM 29.90 price. Sigh… but I’d already gotten the beautiful deep green shade so I’ll move on to… What’s this? SilkyGirl items too were still discounted 10%! And goodness me, the RedEarth eye pallets are just so bright and funky… but the price was not funky so I could just drool over it and made my way out while waving bye – bye to the friendly guard (hey, he assisted me last week while I was debating on what eyeliner colour should I pick ^_^).

Moving on next… TuneStore.com. I spent 15 minutes ogling the sexy stilettos on display, since I had added this label as one of my fav after purchasing their gorgeous black, strappy, 3 - inches - high stilettos. Then the make – up aisle again, where I had some make – up lessons previously with one of the salesgirls on how to apply smoky eyes. But their sale was less tantalizing than Sasa so I moved on.

To the neighbouring PadiniCo. to ogle more shoes, Vincci this time. There were just too many that I loved! I just adore those sweet kitten heels with the velvety and silk ribbon bows! Meow!!! And those bangles! The square, silver bangles and also the cream clutch purse… Sigh… I think I better get going…

To Souele! Though their styles are like those of Message, but they have a subtler cutting and deco as compared to the other. I’d been meaning to get that sweet long white blouse of soft lace material for such a long time but it’s still hanging on the 15% discount rack instead of the RM39.90 and RM49.90 racks… Sigh…

So I dragged myself to Harris to flip through some works of Dan Brown and peruse through the chick lit racks before moving on to…

Elianto! To ogle on the selections of eye pallets, dreaming of fitting them into the sweet, floral – patterned pallet boxes. But I’d acquired their Fairy Shadow Kit 02: Mystery & Romance (6 colours! Easily matched to boot!), and also their Moisture Lipstick 06 Deep Plum (so silky & devine! But with a hint of weird scent) previously, so I’d wait till they run out at least half of them. Te only thing about some of their eye pallet is that it’s just so not water – proof without the make – up base so don’t wear them to go to a teary movie. You’ll come out either smudged or totally wiped off. But it sure saves on buying make – up remover…

Watson, my all time favourite stop for toiletries and also make – up since they are forever having sale! I just love perusing their make – up aisle as they have so many brands! Oh, ZA Lip Vibrante Lipstick sheer lip colour is just plain divine! Silky, shimmery, subtle but SEXY! And for less than RM20!!!

Finally, the dessert of my spree. Body Shop… I can only dream of owning anything from their make – up brand as they are just so expensive. But the casing! The colours! The shine! But I was comforted by the fact that their shower gels and lotions are still in affordable range. Recently their Japanese Cherry Blossom collection was such a hit, the body mist sold out in a jiffy all over Kota Kinabalu within a few weeks time! I was lucky to be able to procure the shower gel and lotion, though I was wistful over the body mist. Soon… please come in more soon!!!

And so, with tired feet, I dragged myself home. With my wallet intact too, since it was intended from the start. I guess many people will never understand how I managed to spend 3 hours walking around in and out of many stores without actually buying a thing. But that’s window shopping for you. Till next time, I’d be soaking my feet in hot water.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I thought I was the only one who would alone doing windows shopping.. it seems that I already have an accompany here... LOL! So you were saying that we need to pay for the parking space at 1 Borneo now? What's the rate. Geeess.. I don't think I'll go there that often now.. I am thinking to look for an Iphone this Saturday...

    Talking about cosmetic.. I hardly do make up and even if I do.. I wont apply any face power or foundation as I think that'll only clog my pores so I would only apply eyes shadows, eye linears and lips stick or maybe mascara sometimes.. by the way I love the Kate's eye linear.. but Kate's are kind da pricy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They charge RM 1 per entry on weekdays, and RM2 or 2.50 (can't recall exactly) on weekends and public holiday. But there's till outside parking though, just have to walk a bit lo...

    Kate is pricey. The only reason I bought the other day was because it's discounted to RM37.80, but after 1 whole week of ogling and contemplation, and also because I really, really, REALLY like the shades of the pink LOL. I think Sasa's sale is until 10 April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to 1B today and I just parked at the jockey bay. I just passed by Sasa. There's nothing much interest me since I don't really go for make up. I was waiting for the opening of the black and white cafe besides Daiso.... Can't help myself by looking at those giant sushi on the wall... haha....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!