Saturday, July 14, 2012

A dive into Aquaria, KLCC ~ The blue side of Level 2

Hello there Angels! How lucky of me to find two of them side by side basking up there :D



So this is how you guys look like from underneath... By the way, I wasn't kidding when I called them angels. They are angel sharks, and their main diet is definitely NOT human beings. Sometimes they are mistaken as sting rays thanks to those "flaps" (actually, they are called pectoral fins :p).

OK, not so clear here but it says that exhibits are 30% smaller due to the glass wall convexity. So basically what you see here are not exactly the real size and they are actually larger. By the way, I find this 90 m rotator - thing kinda annoying so I followed my own pace by walking on the platform instead. The tourist in front of me was complaining of vertigo and feeling unstable (um... you might want to take off that 4 inches heels then...)

I chased this "wau" for half an hour because I wanted to catch that "hitchhiker" on its back. Seriously, initially I was thinking how oddly synchronized this pair swam together until my rusty old Biology facts started kicking in my head. :D

Another star in the aquarium is the Sand Tiger shark that glided around the 90 metre aquarium stretch with an attitude.  It does not eat human too. So if you're up for it, sign up for the diving with the shark program offered here at Aquaria.


Aquaria KLCC Aquarium
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Complex,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre,
50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.



Tel: +603 2333 1888
Fax: +603 2380 0069


Opening hours:
Open daily from Monday-Friday (Weekdays)
Operating Hours are from 11.00am to 8.00pm

Saturday and Sunday (Weekends), Public Holidays & School Holidays
Operating Hours are from 10.30am to 8.00pm

Last Admissions
Last entry to Aquaria closes at 7.00pm


For more information log on to the main site http://www.aquariaklcc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!