Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Penang Solo Stumble 03 ~ Bayview Hotel Revolving Restaurant, Georgetown, Penang

During my stay I decided to have dinner at my hotel since I was just too tired and the jam outside looked pretty bad from my room. So that was how I ended up at the restaurant. There were other option like the Wake Japanese restaurant and KopiTiam but the revolving restaurant was having this buffet promotion at RM 48 so I thought, why not? The one that I had was 6-Course Western Set Dinner (Tuesday - Thursday, 6.30pm - 10.30pm). The restaurant offer other promo items too at good price.




 As the name implies, the restaurant revolved around its core centre at a comfortable enough speed to not cause you motion sickness.

 For starter, I selected light and savoury stuffs: fresh garden salad, pandan chicken, fried wantan and kerabu perut.
 Mains: I went for mixed fried noodles, mantis prawn in sweet and sour sauce, mutton rending and butter prawn.

 My finishing touch: fresh mussels with a squeeze of lemon, salmon belly, and smoked tuna. The wasabi was just for show =D

 I’m a glutton for dessert, I actually took 3. The one with the cute penguin chocolate was a cream caramel, while fishy is a pandan flavoured pudding. I took 2 cream caramels hehe =D

 The Eastern & Oriental Hotel, looking grand.

Komtar. Sorry, the reflection made the pic sucks. By 10 pm, traffic had improved, considered awesome for a Friday night.

I’ll say that the buffet was OK la, because I’ve tasted better. I suppose you can come here for the view which was quite amazing. I did not mention other food that I did not take but they have more stuffs like biryani, chicken and mutton curry, cold cuts, assorted salad, assorted cakes and puddings but suffice to say, I took what I deemed was interesting looking.

Address: Level R, Bayview Hotel Georgetown
25-A Farquhar Street,
  10200 Penang, Malaysia
Phone: +604 - 263 3161
Fax: +604 - 263 4124
Operating Hours: Daily from 1830 hrs to 2400 hrs

For further information on their promo, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!