Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Penang Solo Stumble 07 ~ English tea and a quiet moment at Suffolk House, Jalan Air Itam, Penang

I must admit, I really stumbled upon this place while getting myself lost around Penang island with a map in hand. I was like, whoa what is this, looks interesting… Let’s go!!

 And so I stumbled upon this charming place of 200 years history.

 Suffolk House, with its dreamy like setting from outside.







 The quiet tranquillity of this place sweeps you away from the hustle of city life. Seriously.

 It was already too late for lunch and too early for dinner so I had the English tea instead at this comfy lounge, though I was dying to try their fine dining.

 I love, love, LOVE my Fruity Camomile tea =D

 And for my scones, 4 types of home – made jam: raspberry, strawberry, pineapple – chilli, marmalade. Their clotted cream and home – made butter were superb!

 Wai =D The chicken and mushroom pastry was so fluffy with generous filling that I almost give up on the sandwiches. On the second tier were my melt – in – mouth scones, butter and cheese cake. The bottom tier contained my finger sandwishes: smoked salmon, cucumber and egg. Lovely beyond words!

All in all, this was among the best tea that I’ve ever had  XD

 A little credit here ^_^ 


Suffolk House.

250, Jalan Air Itam, 10460 Penang (next to the Malaysian-German Society)

Tel: +6 (0)4 228 1109
Restaurant : +6 (0)4 228 3930
Email: info@suffolkhouse.com.my  
Website: www.suffolkhouse.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!