Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japanese food @ Senjyu, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

Finally, after reading so many reviews about Senjyu and the quality of Japanese food served there, I decided to give it a try.

Senjyu is reportedly, a high end and high class Japanese restaurant, and here I may confirmed that those reports and reviews on many blogs are delightfully true. Indeed, it was a wonderful experience to enjoy good Japanese food at Senjyu.

My jobless picture of cutlery and the menu while waiting for the food to arrive. Dunno why the lighting was so orenge-y.

My beautiful Jasmine Faery tea and my lovely lobster chawanmushi. There is no simple green tea here; in Senjyu the green tea are steeped with flowers, giving it a hint of sweet aroma with an exotic tang.

My beautiful Faery in the beautiful cup ^_^

Carppaccio Moriawase: half broiled salmon, tuna, butterfish accompanied with 5 condiments (sake is the clear coloured one, ponzu sauce, soy sauce, spicy sesame oil, sesame seed) and sprinkled with salmon roe. Loved the popping!

I could not get enough of the salmon roe so I had the sushi, along with premium river eel (Jyo Unagi Sushi, which tasted better than the usual eel, but cannot beat the sea eel) and surf clam (Hokkigai Sushi). Above is my salmon belly sashimi which was superb with a pinch of lemon!

Oyster! Made into Oyster Roll with the combination of light tamago wrapping around the oyster and Japanese mushroom, prepared in a special sauce.

My hotate... freshly flown in. Ike Hotate & Kinoko Yaki : they serve this in simmering broth in the scallop shell. I quickly took the poor hotate off the fire and asked the waiter to take the fire pot away as it was getting too hot... =p

Lastly, a dessest of plain old green tea ice cream ^_^


When the bill came, it total up to RM 157.76 including taxes. Considered excellent for the load of seafood.




Note:

Status: serve no pork. Cooking may contain alcohol


Service: Excellent! The server explained the menu well, keep appearing to refill the teapot, and I changed my plate 3 times (they keep offering to change for a fresh plate)!


Ambience: lovely! Tatami sitting on cushion actually but who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!