Sunday, July 3, 2011

I am cooking... Grilled beetroot with lots of other veges



 I love beetroot! It has its own taste of sweet and sour with the texture of potato. And that colour! 

Anyway, I was making this to accompany my roast chicken. The choice of vege is actually a liberal one, I sometimes use potato, asparagus, baby corn, tomato, onions, shiitake etc. It so happen that I was using the ones listed below when I decided to post this.


Ingredients for 4 pax:
  1. 1 medium or large beetroot (depends on your liking)
  2. 8 baby carrots
  3. 1 round brinjal
  4. 4 arrowheads
  5. 4 enoki mushroom
  6. a dash of olive oil, just enough to lightly cover your veges
  7. a dash of salt and pepper to taste
  8. 1/2 lemon juice


Preparations:
  1. beetroot : you'll need to peel this one
  2. boil all vege except enoki and brinjal until about 1/4 boiled
  3. slice beetroot, brinjal, arrowhead into round slices about 1 cm thick
  4. quarter the enoki
  5. toss well with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper
  6. Light your grill pan and start grilling till they are soft with the nice char stripes.





Roast Beetroot on FoodistaRoast Beetroot

Salmon, Watercress, Fennel and Baby Beetroot Salad With Lemony Arënkha Msc Dressing

Mixed Veggie Salad With Rosemary and Sumac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!