Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Masak - masak Melayu ~ Pucuk taugeh masak kicap

 I can't find the English or scientific name for this one, sorry. This is a simple vege for lazy people like me who rarely cook nowadays...



So here we go.

Ingredients:

   1. 200 g of pucuk tauge
 

2. 1 or 2 tomato, cut into wedges
 

   3. 2 pieces of tofu (solid), sliced into 8 cubes
   4. 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
   5. 2 shallots, sliced thinly
   6. 1 red chilli, sliced thinly
   7. 1/4 cup of sweet soy sauce (I use Adabi)
   8. 3-4 spoonful of salty soy sauce (subjective)
   9. pinch of salt and sugar to taste
  10. 2 Tbs of frying oil



Preparation:

   1. Heat oil in a pan

   2. Toss in the shallot, garlic and tofu. Stir till fragrant (I like my tofu to be firmed up, that's why I put them in early)



   3. Next, the pucuk tauge goes in with the soy sauces.

   4. Stir the vege until slightly wilted then add in the chilli and tomato.

   5.  Season to taste with salt and sugar.


Ready to eat with piping hot rice and my favourite fried fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!