Monday, May 7, 2012

Penang again!!! 01 ~ The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences

At the 21st floor, facing the ocean and clear blue sky... I can stay in my room the whole day just for this on the bed... Hello Gurney ~ !


Again I'm back in Penang to attend one of those endless stream of field courses but i have no complain at all, nope, when it comes to my suite. Yes, my SUITE. There is no usual room here in Gurney, just suites and suites and more suites. Mine was the 2 bedroom suits, this is the Master with its comfy King bed, the other is slightly smaller with Queen bed. But for a suit, the TV sure is old school.

The living room where there's another old school TV playing the hits from radio station when left at stand by mode. And surrounding panorama is the sky and the sea.

Nothing much about the sink and walk in closet, the usual, the usual...

... but I love my jacuzzi bathtub facing the sea and sky!!! Catching a glimpse of sunrise and sunset as you soak in the bubbly massage of the jacuzzi... Sigh...

Complimentary toiletries from the hotel, as usual. I still think Shangrila's ones are nicer though.

Location wise, it's along the Gurney drive which make it very convenient to hunt for food. The Gurney mall is nearby too, and so is Nasi Kandar Khaleel previously mentioned in last few posts. Early birds get special price with online booking. Breakfast was quite ok, you have your usual congee, oriental stuffs e.g. nasi lemak and noodles and such, egg corner, bread corned, cereals and fruits and juices.


The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences
18 Persiaran Gurney
10250 Georgetown
Penang, Malaysia
Tel. No.: 604 370 7000
Fax No.: 604 370 5000

Email: gurneyhotel@myjaring.net
Website: http://www.gurney-hotel.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!