Monday, October 27, 2008

A day on Tanjung Lipat.

I've never known that on the days when the tides are low, you can actually look for oyster and mussel (kupang, a greenish - black mollusc) on Tg. Lipat beach. I had always pass by on my way back to UMS and saw kids from the opposite water village and picnickers splashing around, but never thought that the above activity ever existed.

So when a friend asked if I'm interested to join her, I said yes immediately.

Of course, they had to tell me to go upstairs and changed again, my jeans deemed unfit, and also to fetch a pair of old gloves if I have one, seeing that my hands are the soft and smooth ones of a student's.

Unlucky for me, the tide was high when we reached there at 2 pm under the blazing sun, so we settled to photographing ourselves silly while waiting for the tides to settle down. Until the dark clouds appeared, that was.

The rocks extending into the sea. When the tides are low enough, you can climb upon it. Even lower, you can see the oysters attached to lowere parts of the rocks.




The floating Likas mosque. The re - painting started somewhere earlier this year but still is getting nowhere. Anyway, this is one of the favourite tourist spots.



The Kota Kinabalu seaport seen from the rocks "island".



The Yayasan Sabah building. Another tourist spot. An exclusive revolving restaurant called @tmosphere presides the top level.



Next time, I'll get my kupang... till then, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!