Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Upbeat mamak food @ Uncle K Kopitiam, SACC Shah Alam

Uncle K @ SACC is a good chill - out  place if you are looking for air - conditioned mamak - cum - kopitiam kinda place. They serve nasi kandar, mamak food and the kinda food that you can find at a Malay stall, in a kopitiam setting i.e. the furnishing.



I guess to make life easier but less eco - friendly, some drinks like my ice lemon tea are served in disposable cups. But it is also cleaner I guess.

Thank God they spare the watermelon juice and put in a glass. I mean, juice in a plastic cup? Come on... Anyway the cendol is pretty OK, a tad too sweet for my taste.

Hehe... this is a must oo. ABC @ Air batu campur special topped with ice cream =D

Garlic butter naan. But I wish they chopped the garlic finer though. Bad breath alert =p


This is a very nostalgic dish for me. I first encounter bakso in Sabah when I was studying there. Nothing beats a bowl of hot beef soup with meatballs on rainy days. A dash of lime, soy sauce and chilli to complete the bowl.

Penang char kuey teow, old time greasy favourite, generous with prawns and cockles. Add a dash of lime and dig in ~ Of course, nothing beats the original from Penang itself.

But of course, as I mentioned, it's a more upbeat version of the mamak stall, so price also is more upbeat @ pricey. You can expect everything to start at RM 5 and above here. At peak hours (lunch, dinner) service can be slow and annoying. Menu is quite extensive - covering Western and local (nasi kandar, mamak food, hawker food).



Note:
GF-33 & 33A, Ground Floor, SACC Mall, Jln Perbandaran 14/9, Seksyen 14, Pusat Bandar Shah Alam, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor.

Tel: 03-55190076

Fax: 03-55102322


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!