Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fav Sites: Local Recipe Sites


Suddenly... I realized that... I miss my mom's cooking...

Here I am... In Kubang Kerian... Without cinema... Nothing else to occupy my time aside from blogging, reading, living and sleeping... So i took to surfing up the sites I previously perused for recipes prior to exile, er, I mean, district posting (well, it does feel like one once in a while without all those entertainment and limited activities and no Internet. Sigh, I really am a spoilt city - gal...).

Below are all the sites that provide me with lots of experiments, er, recipes which I consider easy to prepare for my amateur level. Some are sites that I like to browse through and drool ^_^



Riezanie's Recipe Collections (Language: Indonesian / Malay)
http://riezanie2u.blogspot.com/

Wha… the first recipe that greeted me was “Sup buntut”… Which perked my interest to browse through as the authress claims to have “Koleksi Resepi dari pelbagai sumber / World famous recipe collections”. Seems like an Indonesian site to me, gathering form all the slang. But not bad, after you managed to figure out the language, this site provide a nice variety of Indon recipes with accompanying pics to give you an idea what you’re concocting for dinner.







Resipi Puan Raidah (Language: Malay)
http://resepiraidah.blogspot.com/

A recipe blog from a loving mother and wife with tons of lovely recipes ranging from daily Malay dishes to Indian cuisine to Arabian cuisine to desserts. Nice pics, easy and simple to prepare recipes, with side notes of suggestions on accompanying fares.

Mommy…








Resipi & Recipes (Language: Malay & English)
http://www.iresepi.com/

The heading boasted of Malay, Indonesian and Chinese cooking among the many recipes they have. The only thing lacking are pictures. The recipes covered are daily dishes, Western dishes, snacks and desserts, among others.







My Resipi: Jom Kongsi Resipi (Language: Malay)
http://www.myresipi.com/

Wowee! I like this one, it has many recipes plus a lot of variety. She even has recipe for ice cream, laksa, pencicah (dips) and snacks! Many contributors have helped expand this site with recipes and comments. To contribute, registration is required but free of charge.







Mesra.net (Language: Malay)
http://resepi.mesra.net/

Boasting over 6000+ recipes thanks to various contributors, this is one of the largest recipe portals. Since sources vary, look for recipes with high ranking to ensure that, er, what you pick is edible. From complicated to simple recipes of wide range, take your pick.







Koleksi Resipi Pilihan Diana (Language: Malay)
http://resipidiana.blogspot.com/

This is one of my personal favourites since it’s one of the first recipe sites I found and yes, the recipes are excellent and easy to prepare, to boot. In fact, many of my friends gushed over the recipes from this site.

The authress collects various recipes from many sources and tested them herself prior publishing. The recipes ranged from daily Malay dishes to special desserts and baked goods. She even has the recipe for takoyaki! (Cheers!!) She also includes some videos and cooking tips on her site.






CARI Makan & Resipi (Language: Malay)
http://makan.cari.com.my/

I positively drooled when the first page greeted me. Gorgeous, saliva – inducing pics graced the first page and many others as I went through the site.

This site covers wide range of recipe, from daily dishes of tofu, chicken and beef to desserts and traditional kueh and even bread. Lovely!!!




1001 Resipi (Language: Malay & English. Some recipes can be found in English)
http://1001resepi.com/

I like this site for the wide range of recipe provided plus cooking demo video. This site has many Malay recipes as well as desserts and Western cuisine. The authress also wrote many articles on kitchen tips and interesting places for eating out around KL and other parts of Malaysia. Nice pics to make you drool.

I like the glossary section as this is very helpful. Here she took care to translate the ingredients and even provided pictures which I find quite useful since I always managed to get mixed up with herbs ^_^.