Saturday, June 7, 2008

My KB days: Kelantan (or more specifically, Tumpat), I’m back…

This time I was able to snap some pics of my visit to Tumpat. My relatives decided to go on a picnic and brought me along. On the way to Pantai Sri Tujuh, we dropped by Tumpat t get our supply of food and bait for fishing.

So this is the aunty that we always get our nasi berlauk and other rice from. She’s been here for quite some time already.


Kopes @ leftover parts of chicken (neck, liver, feet etc) to be served with rice. Pretty nice actually.



The usual scene in Tumpat market, upstairs, where folks tuck in for breakfast.
Same level, behind are the shops selling garments at unbelievably cheap prices which can still be bargained down.

Then we went down to look for my uncle. While waiting for him, the sweet smell of apam balik got better of me.
Always like this aunty’s one.

The usual scenery at downstairs of Tumpat market. Here you can find many local produces and products such as sos pencicah, keropok, budu, spices etc.




Beca! Nearly extinct. The one who man these are all into their old age.