Thursday, December 8, 2011

Medical updates @ Lexis Port Dickson water chalet, Negeri Sembilan

Some perks of my job include sponsored drug and medical updates seminar. Thanks to MSD @ Merck Sharp & Dohme, last month I got to go to Port Dickson for the weekend and a free accommodation to boot at Lexis Post Dickson resort ~ huge Cheshire cat grin ~



Port Dickson, in my opinion, do not have the lovely blue sea water at most of it part. My water chalet is above that murky sea water, which kinda turn me off. But after the rain, apparently the murky water will get washed away, or so the management say. Oh well. But it's a stark contrast indeed from what I saw on their website.



 The lobby where I checked in. From here I took the hotel buggy to my room.

 As I entered my designated chalet, these cupcakes from my sponsor awaited me on the bathroom sink... People, can you guys please not put food in the bathroom... XD

 I guess it could not be helped, because the first thing you encounter upon entering the chalet is your bathroom. A weird Balinese concept indeed, and the selection of tiles for the bathroom make it appeared rather unkempt and damp, but it was quite clean really. The shower is supposedly to be an open shower thingy underneath a semi-transparent roof, in between your bathtub and the toilet. I've read shuddering reviews about toilet bowls malfunctioning but thankfully mine worked just fine.Next to the shower is the jacuzzi :D

 This is the clear glass pane on the bathroom floor for you to see the murky water beneath your chalet, which I don't think is what exactly the architect had in mind. It's kinda spooky at night though, if you think too much about it. No fishy to be seen.

 
 After the bathroom comes the room. It can fit 3 people nicely- 2 on the comfy queen bed and 1 petite fellow on the daybed by the window. Some may balk at the price of RM 300 + for this, but I think my water chalet is comfy enough throughout my stay. Just that if I'm using the bathroom, no one can get out from the room and no one can come into the chalet. Confused? The way it is was, the entrance door opens into the bathroom, which is connected by another door into your room.

 Outside you can enjoy the sea breeze on the provided deck chairs. Too bad mine was facing other people's chalet while luckier delegates got the chalet facing the sea.

The view of the water chalet from above at night, taken from the top of Grand Lexis next door where I had my grand seminar - group dinner.


I think overall it was a pleasant stay. If you can splurge extra, you can take Grand Lexis next door which has a personal wading pool within your chalet. The gym was not bad, just the sauna temperature was unknown as no thermometer was on display so I had to leave the door slightly ajar as the temperature was a bit wee too high than what I usually experienced. Breakfast was a hurried affair for me, so no pictures but the spread was OK to cater to local and foreign tourists. Chuck the swimming pool, can be quite crowded for the small size. 


Things to look for in Port Dickson... the beaches are quite OK. Lots of army museum. On weekend there are local fairs, almost like but unmatched to the infamous Gaya Street tamu in Kota Kinabalu. For families from Selangor, it's a quick family retreat nearby.




Lexis, Port Dickson
(formerly known as The Legend Water Chalets, Port Dickson)

Batu 2, Jalan Seremban,
71000 Port Dickson,
Negeri Sembilan,
Malaysia
.

Tel : 606-6532000
Fax: 606-651 5336

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!